Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Happy Easter!

Ok, so maybe this week's post doesn't exactly involve baking per say, but it does involve boiling water and decorating fun!


Here's the plan:
1. Boil a dozen Eggs
2. Prepare the dye cups
3. Be creative!

What you need:
1. A dozen Eggs - save your egg carton to store decorated eggs
2. Cups for dipping eggs (I bought a PAAS kit that came with cups)
3. Egg Colorant (PAAS is good - I tried something new called Dudley's Dazzle)
4. Wax Paper!
5. Paper towels - to dry off the eggs before changing colors

1. Boil a dozen Eggs
So apparently according to Martha Stewart I have been boiling eggs wrong my entire life! She brings them to a boil in the pot and then takes the pot off the heat and lets them sit for 10 minutes. I tried this and some of my eggs were a little too soft boiled for my liking so I let them sit another 5 minutes.

2. Prepare the dye cups
These cups were so handy!

My colorant had oil in it which I thought was strange. That must be an easy way to get the paint splatter effect that they showed on the box.

Egg Station - Ready!

Eggs - ready!

3. Be creative!

Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE decorating Easter eggs! Thanks for the CUTE post! :)

Post a Comment